The Association of Canonical Administrators
Mercy College operates under the authority of the Canonical Administrators and is managed by the Mercy College Board. The Principal is charged with the day to day management of the College and the provision of spiritual, educational and administrative leadership. The Principal is accountable to the Canonical Administrators of the College, the College Board, the Archdiocese of Melbourne and Catholic Education Melbourne, and State and Federal Governments for the operation of the College.
As a regional college, ownership of Mercy College is vested in the Canonical Administrators who are the eight parish priests of the following parishes:
- St. Bernard's, East Coburg - Fr. L. De Marzi
- St. Gabriel's, Reservoir - Fr. S. Hoctor
- St. Joseph the Worker, North Reservoir - Fr. M. Bonello
- St. Margaret Mary's, North Brunswick - Fr. A. Nguyen
- St. Mark's, Fawkner - Fr. C. Xavier
- St. Matthew's, North Fawkner - Fr. F. Galdo
- St. Oliver's, Pascoe Vale - Fr. P. Connell
- St. Paul's, Coburg - Fr. R. Begeja
The current President of the Canonical Administrators is Father Shane Hoctor.
The College Board
The College is maintained by an advisory board under the authority of Catholic Education Melbourne and the Archbishop of Melbourne, and the Board invests the Principal with the authority in the College as outlined in its Constitution. The Mercy College Board is an advisory body consisting of representatives of Canonical Administrators, parents, co-opted members and staff. The Principal is the Executive Officer of the Board. The current Chairman of the Board is Mr Sergio Martins.
Members and friends of the Mercy community wishing to enquire about membership of the College Board should contact firstname.lastname@example.org